help!!!

Thanks. So now I have another question. My chicks started hatching early on day 18 and the last one was on day 20. So I gave the rest of the eggs a few extra days. Today (day 32) I did the water test and have a wiggly egg. How come that lil guy is so late and all the others were so early.

That's supposed to be day 23 not 32, lol
Whew...you scared me...lol It could be a matter of hot/cold spots in the bator. If you don't rotate the eggs regularly and one is in a cool spot that particular egg would develop slower because of the cooler temp. I do spot checks in my bator. Even though it is a forced air, I have certain areas that are warmer in the bator. If you use an automatic turner, you may find that eggs that are placed closest to the turner's motor may develop slightly faster because those turner motors give off quite a bit of heat making that area warmer. My outside and center of my bator are cooler than directly under my heating element.

Last edited:
Whew...you scared me...lol  It could be a matter of hot/cold spots in the bator. If you don't rotate the eggs regularly and one is in a cool spot that particular egg would develop slower because of the cooler temp. I do spot checks in my bator. Even though it is a still air, I have certain areas that are warmer in the bator.  If you use an automatic turner, you may find that eggs that are placed closest to the turner's motor may develop slightly faster because those turner motors give off quite a bit of heat making that area warmer. My outside and center of my bator are cooler than directly under my heating element.

Well that makes since. It seems it's the one row that is late or didn't hatch. My next batch I will deff rotate when I turn. There is so much to learn. I use a still air and hand turn. Thanks.

Well that makes since. It seems it's the one row that is late or didn't hatch. My next batch I will deff rotate when I turn. There is so much to learn. I use a still air and hand turn. Thanks.
I misspoke, I have forced air and still have hot/cool spots...lol (That's the second time this week I've done that....lol) I hand turn as well. I have an automatic turner and used it in the beginning, but then switched to hand turning.

I hatch loads of chicks each year, and the majority hatch on day nineteen. I've started thinking of 19 as hatch day instead of say 21. I have also had one hatch a week late. Several hatch a couple days late. I have also had several chicks pip and show blood around the membrane and hatch just fine. Also one who piped to wrong end and got out fine. I use two little giant still air incubators. One has an auto turner the other I turn by hand. The ones turned by hand seem to have a better hatch rate :-D
I know a lot of this has already been answered, but I'm just gonna go ahead and post my experience for anyone who might look up the subject later on :-D

I hatch loads of chicks each year, and the majority hatch on day nineteen. I've started thinking of 19 as hatch day instead of say 21. I have also had one hatch a week late. Several hatch a couple days late. I have also had several chicks pip and show blood around the membrane and hatch just fine. Also one who piped to wrong end and got out fine. I use two little giant still air incubators. One has an auto turner the other I turn by hand. The ones turned by hand seem to have a better hatch rate :-D
I know a lot of this has already been answered, but I'm just gonna go ahead and post my experience for anyone who might look up the subject later on :-D
Most of my hatches a good share are out day 19 and I also use an LG (9200), but mine has the fan kit. I swear, my best hatch rates are my hand turned hatches too! I always say I don't know if it's coincidence, but I much prefer to hand turn.

Ok I need help. I candled my Lil guy amd the air sac was huge. So I know he is being shrink wrapped in there. My humidity reader must not be working properly. So I chipped to help a lil amd as suspected the membrane is drawing in. So I moistened it but did nick it and got a little blood. So I stopped wrapped him in the damp town and put him back in the bator. He is moving around. Any suggestions on what I cam do. I feel terrible I didn't realize before now what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom