Help

dawnnjay2014

Hatching
Jan 12, 2016
My neighbor has free range chickens and thats def not a problem. One of the hens layed eggs in our hauling trailor and 2 have hatched 8 still being sat on. I found 1 on the ground and we lost one. Hoping the other eggs hatch but scared they wont its been in the 20s here at night and 30s in the day. Was i right to bring the baby chick inside to make sure he lived

I would have brought the chick inside. But then I'm fully prepared to take care of the chick as it grows and keep it for it's entire life. Good luck with the little fella and share a picture!

Welcome to BYC!

Unfortunately i dont think the little guy is gonna make it. He was fine last night when ww went to bed. Woke up this morning and he cant stand but is still eating and drinking. He is holding on and fighting to stay alive. The temp is about 90-92 ° and food and water is fresh any suggestions on how to possibly save him

Sorry to hear he/she is not doing well. The best thing to do is keep him warm and dry, and make sure he is getting the proper diet for chicks.

Thank you he is staying warm and he was wet from his water i dried him off and warmed him up and he started acting right. Just praying the little guy makes it my 3 year old daughter keep talking to him and wanting to play i dont think she will understand

Back
Top Bottom