Help!!

GetClucking

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2015
Goldendale, WA
We have a little speckled Sussex who we found not walking, has a large gullet no signe of trauma, bugs or pecking she is responding to touch on her feet but no able to hold her body up and her neck droops.
Can anyone help please

Thanks in advance
Fiona

I'm sorry. I don't know what to do so I'll be watching. Since I'm not sure I would take her to the vet. Good luck!

I have had so thing verry simalar in three of my chickens and the last one survived! I soaked some crushed garlic in some water overnight and suringed it to the bird many times a day, I have know idea how much thought! Then I got a bit of hot water and disolved some Glucose syrup (1 1/2 tsp)in the water(1cup) and let it drink it, I have know guarantee that it will work my one might of just been lucky, but she turned out to be fine and one of my best layers!
hope yours gets better! Good luck!

Thank you. We had one very similar that unfortunately we had to put down a couple of days ago and we thought that she had fallen off her perch when sleeping (apparently that's not so rare) but now we're not so sure she seems to be occasionally lifting her head and is letting us give her liquids so I'll try what you said, thank you

Ok so I'm thinking she may have crooked neck! She has went from occasionally lifting her head to not really. What can I do to fix it, and does this come on suddenly she was fine yesterday, no paleness, no pain nothing. Did I miss something?

Well i'm not quite sure anymore, mine didn't seem to have a crooked neck and I am only new to this so I am sorry but I dont know anymore!

I'm not positive I just looked through some symptoms so I could be completely off. But I am very concerned that she hasn't pooped yet like all day. We have took her into our house and set her up, just given her fluids and keeping an eye on her and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom