Help!!

When you say gullet are you talking about her crop?

Can you read about impacted crop and see if that has same symptoms?

If no poop, then she needs more nutrition. If you are willing, look up post on tube feeding. It's not that hard one you get over fear of hurting bird.

I would start with 10 cc of pedialyte or Gatorade. Wait an hour and do it again.

Good luck and let's us know how it turns out. Good or bad that is how we learn from each other's experiences.

And you should try rubing in long strokes down from the throat to her chest incase there is something stuck in her food pipe?

So we found out that she might have a blocked crop where she has been eating but not drinking water and it has either just not digested and/or gone sour so we have been told to give her a strong mix of apple cider vinegar with water and massage regularly

When you say gullet are you talking about her crop?

Can you read about impacted crop and see if that has same symptoms?

If no poop, then she needs more nutrition. If you are willing, look up post on tube feeding. It's not that hard one you get over fear of hurting bird.

I would start with 10 cc of pedialyte or Gatorade. Wait an hour and do it again.

Good luck and let's us know how it turns out. Good or bad that is how we learn from each other's experiences.

Thanks for the info. yes for the crop. She has just had a lot of diarrhea like this minute we were massaging her neck and her gullet/crop and she kept burping so something is moving but not sure if we're winning or not.

She is one of our favorites and it's absolutely heartbreaking to see her like this, we went into the coop to put the rest of the girls to sleep and her friend that she always sleeps next too was all sad and searching for her, it was so sad seeing that
1f62a.png

If you squeeze her crop and get close to her mouth, do you smell anything? Book City Chicks says to hold her upside down and see if gravity helps Hold her by legs with one hand and massage crop with the other. Sour crop is squishy crop

Impacted crop is hard. Teaspoon of olive or mineral oil may help move the impact. Feed her that and then massage.

But I do t know how she is having diarrhea with crop problems. It also concerns me that you had another one die. If she doesn't make it, you may want to consider a necropsy

Good luck

If you squeeze her crop and get close to her mouth, do you smell anything? Book City Chicks says to hold her upside down and see if gravity helps Hold her by legs with one hand and massage crop with the other. Sour crop is squishy crop

Impacted crop is hard. Teaspoon of olive or mineral oil may help move the impact. Feed her that and then massage.

But I do t know how she is having diarrhea with crop problems. It also concerns me that you had another one die. If she doesn't make it, you may want to consider a necropsy

Good luck

The crop is hard it almost feels like a hockey Puck and yes to the smell too. But she isn't holding her head up at all is this a symptom too. Ok so we have massaged and gave her the oil stuff I guess it's a waiting game now.
The diarrhea was more liquid I guess than what normal would look like.

There many other posts here for impacted crop. Read them, much better resources than me. She is probably weak. She is essentially starving. So need to get it to move.

Back
Top Bottom