Help

Thank you for all the help. Little Katie seems to be doing much better today. The swelling in her breast is way down from yesterday, she is alert and chatty today again so I am taking that as a win. :0) I returned her to the small brooder coop with the other chicks this morning, as I don't want her to be apart from them for too long. I was hoping since they are so young that the pecking order will be easier for her to adjust to. No one from our area has claimed her or seems to know where she could be from so I guess she is staying, which makes my daughter very happy.

My question now is what breed and age do you think she is? Majority says Leghorn, I am thinking maybe 4 weeks??

To me she isn't screaming leghorn. Looks like a white rock, maybe...is she pure white? My leghorns had more of a slender body to them...longer neck. Maybe it's the swelling that is throwing me off. But glad to hear that is doing much better! :D

To me she isn't screaming leghorn. Looks like a white rock, maybe...is she pure white? My leghorns had more of a slender body to them...longer neck. Maybe it's the swelling that is throwing me off. But glad to hear that is doing much better!
big_smile.png
x2 also they have bigger combs at this age I believe.

is there a chance she could be a meat bird? Her head has a coral coloring and blue/green tint around the eyes and beak. She is mostly white with a few varied streaks of black at her feather tips. Her legs are not as yellow as a leghorn either....

Back
Top Bottom