Help!

Thank you so much. I'm terrible at waiting but I will have to do so!
1f60c.png

Okay. I got up this morning and it had no progress. That would have made just under 40 hours. So I intervened.....I'm not sure at this point. Yolk still seems a little on the outside still. I left that part of the shell attached and just put her under the heat lamp... Bad idea or no? I'm clueless!!!!

With that much blood and the yolk still not fully absorbed I would say it still was not ready to hatch. How is the chick now? I see you posted over two hours ago. The chick would have been better by putting it in a cup and back into the incubator. Putting into a cup helps them not to damage the yolk sac and gives them chance to finish absorbing it. Are you using an incubator or a broody hen?

Sadly the chick passed. It was an adandoned egg from the hen, it had pipped Thursday night and hen just left it. I'm sure she knew something we didn't. I was keeping my bathroom warm and humid. Once hatched, I put it under a lamp and it was drying and moving around and chirping, then it just stopped moving and passed. I am disappointed and saddened - wished I had had an incubator!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom