Help

motherhen32

Hatching
Jul 19, 2016
My husband and I were painting on a farm were they have free range peacocks and peahens the olé other had made her nest right beside the Barn we were painting kind story short the eggs got paint on them and the mother abandon them so I've took them home and put them under a heat light I have no idea how old they're or if they will hatch please help

Can you find a broody hen? Maybe a neighbour will have one if you don't and she will sit on them and then raise the chicks as well.
1f609.png
1f413.png

My husband and I were painting on a farm were they have free range peacocks and peahens the olé other had made her nest right beside the Barn we were painting kind story short the eggs got paint on them and the mother abandon them so I've took them home and put them under a heat light I have no idea how old they're or if they will hatch please help

Unfortunately incubation is a lot more complex than a heat lamp. By now there is likely nothing to be done for these eggs.

Welcome to BYC! Get a really bright flashlight and candle them to see if they are still alive.

-Kathy

I agree by now they're probably not worth saving. Heat lamps are not ideal for keeping them warm enough and the paint probably killed the embryos that were developing.

Back
Top Bottom