HELP

Becca&Chuy

Hatching
Mar 12, 2018
I have 2baby chicks. Right now they are in my house. They have free run in the kitchen. But one of them has runny brown diarrhea. They are only on medicated starter. I'm not sure what to do to stop it? HELP

Are they constantly running around your kitchen? Lol. They might have ingested something that upset their stomach. Give them a day or two. Is the one that has diarrhea looking slow? Or is he active?

Their poop gets runny if they're cold. Get them a box and put a towel over a heat pad so that they can sit on it without burning themselves. Then go forth and purchase a chick brooder or a heat lamp (less risk of fire.)

There could be something else as well, but baby chicks need to be kept warm.

EDT: Good luck and welcome to BYC.

I really recommend the box. You do not want to step on a baby chick.

Their poop gets runny if they're cold. Get them a box and put a towel over a heat pad so that they can sit on it without burning themselves. Then go forth and purchase a chick brooder or a heat lamp (less risk of fire.)

Are they constantly running around your kitchen? Lol. They might have ingested something that upset their stomach. Give them a day or two. Is the one that has diarrhea looking slow? Or is he active?
They are very active, they are making all kinds of noise especially when they don't see me

Chicks huddle under their mother, who has a body temp of 107 degrees Farenheit. Most sources recommend that chicks be kept at between 90-95 degrees Farenheit for the first few days of their life, decreasing slowly after that.

EDT: That's probably why your chicks are so loud. Content chicks generally peep quietly to themselves and doze.

Back
Top Bottom