HELP

randibates

Hatching
Mar 25, 2018
i just got 4 baby chicks that are about a week old. one of the smaller ones has pasty butt so i have been cleaning the best i can. this morning i cleaned it and he pooped all over me right after. tonight he is laying down a lot almost as if he just is too weak to stand. but he can walk and is still eating and drinking. what else can i do besides keep his bottom as clean as possible?? the other three seem perfectly fine and walk around all day, but this one just stays to itself and just seems sick. please help.

Unfortunately you are doing all you can. Some get better, some don't. Most with pasty butt improve. Keep at it.

Do you have any Nutri-Drench? If you do, put some on a Q-tip, put it by it's beak and when it opens it's mouth put the Q-tip in and it will get some. You could also use the dropper, but it might be messier. Just keep an eye on it's butt, you could put a little olive oil on the vent also, after you clean it.

I have heard of rubbing some olive oil around the vent to prevent future sticking. I had a couple with pasty butt and after I cleaned them up I kept probiotics and electrolytes in their water for a day or two and they have been healthy and happy since.

Back
Top Bottom