Help!!!

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
So I had to help a duckling out of the egg. It was shrink wrapped due to my cat knocking off the top and turning it off. I kept it still with the bottom on having an issue before with taking them out with the part that is still attached like an umbilical cord. 7 hours and it still hasn't detached. Seems weak and cant stand up. What can I do?

Give him a few hours to wake up. Nutri-Drench is the best option.
Is he drinking and eating on his own yet?
Did you make him a wetted down slurry type feed?

Give him a few hours to wake up. Nutri-Drench is the best option.
Is he drinking and eating on his own yet?
Did you make him a wetted down slurry type feed?
How do I do that? Hes trying to walk, but keeps getting stuck on its side . Gotta give another warm bath by the looks of it
20181103_190256.jpg

I wouldn’t keep bathing him until he is up and moving around. Just make sure his nostrils and eyes are clear. He’ll preen the rest off soon enough, or you can bathe later.
Is the belly button closed up? I’d suggest putting him on a soft towel in the brooder.

Can’t tell for sure, but it should close up by tomorrow evening or so. Just watch around that scabby area, make sure the skin doesn’t get like bullseye looking circles around the spot where it should have closed up. They are prone to getting infected or inflamed. Not trying to scare you, and it should be fine! Just be aware of the possibility and keep an eye on it.
Most likely, you won’t even be able to find the opening tomorrow. :)

Cute duckling too! :love
Mallard?

Back
Top Bottom