stickybuns

Hatching
Sep 29, 2019
earlier today when I walked outside I noticed our gate was wide open (16 feet wide btw), so I closed it and started trying to find my old English game bantam (stickers) and I couldn't find her anywhere, she has walked out of the gate when it was open before but has never gone past the herb garden (4 feet away from gate) but she is nowhere to be seen, I havent heard any noise at all from her trying to find her other chicken friends, it is now night time and I can't find her anywhere, my dad thinks shes brooding somewhere but we have checked everywhere, I have tried calling her, im super worried and have broke down and cried multiple times, please give me tips on how to find her. please

Do they come to a scratch cup? Like when you call them and shake the scratch do they all come running normally? Mine will run/fly run several hundred yards to get to me shaking a scratch cup and calling them. Any place close to their coop that she could jump or fly onto to roost for the night?

if she's brooding some where not likely you will see her except for feeding and drinking 1 or twice a day, they are good at hiding to brood, if she comes in to eat , follow her back. There was a lady that for 3 weeks she thought something got her hen when it showed up with 3 chicks with her just the other day. Is it something you can change if not, don't stress about it nothing you can do until you see her , or she shows up with chicks in tow.

:welcome :frow Hopefully you will find her or she will come back on her own. I have a treat bucket and when I go out and start my call for treats, the birds come running for their treats. Be prepared that she may be gone. I feel your pain. A few months ago I lost my favorite bird during the middle of he day to a fox. I cried and of course blame myself for not keeping her in her safe pen while I was occupied. Good luck...

if she's brooding some where not likely you will see her except for feeding and drinking 1 or twice a day, they are good at hiding to brood, if she comes in to eat , follow her back. There was a lady that for 3 weeks she thought something got her hen when it showed up with 3 chicks with her just the other day. Is it something you can change if not, don't stress about it nothing you can do until you see her , or she shows up with chicks in tow.
i found her! she was hiding in a shed next to our house brooding im hoping to move her and her nest tonight thank you all for the tips!

i found her! she was hiding in a shed next to our house brooding im hoping to move her and her nest tonight thank you all for the tips!
Why move her and the nest? you know where she is and can check on her, and apparently the others aren't bothering her, she obviously thinks it's a safe place and closer to the house. I never move a hen once she's setting until chicks hatch

Back
Top Bottom