Help

Jenni g

Chirping
May 30, 2020
yesterday my girls that have been together over a year, all started beating up one girl. Now that girl won't join in with the flock and she's acting depressed, I don't know what to do. Please some advice 🙏

She did, I broke it up. Now she's sitting in the roosting house alone. We have raccoons and of course hawks, but we've had no attacks

ok, sry im asking so many questions. im just trying to feel my way around the situation
what type of hens do you have and how many?
what time yesterday did u see them fighting
?

I have 4 older girls, a road island red, a polish and to Brama loghorn mix. One of the Braman mixes is the target of the beating yesterday. I also have a welsummer chick and a EE chicken that are about 11 weeks old. They were not involved in the fight.

ok so im thinking that it could just be them stressing out a bit maybe gatting broody and like people when there is a young one in the room if your stressed you get a bit snappy to them.
i suggest you take your victim and reunite her with the girls that did not get involved just so that she does not get scared or severe depresion, then after a day or 2 of that have your other girls see the victim through a protective covering like chicken wire. but bring the good ones with her during this interaction. the good girls should act as therapy for your lonely one

I will try that, thank you soo much. My girls are beloved pets and I hate when they are in distress

Back
Top Bottom