Help!!

I’ve never put chicks together that were over two weeks old in difference, but that’s just me. I have seen someone enclose the smaller chicks within the bigger brooder/coop for a week that way they could see but not harm each other. Both age groups had plenty of space though.

I’ve never put chicks together that were over two weeks old in difference, but that’s just me. I have seen someone enclose the smaller chicks within the bigger brooder/coop for a week that way they could see but not harm each other. Both age groups had plenty of space though.

That's what I did. When the chicks were 2.5 weeks old, I put the brooder in the coop with the big girls. They have been in the coop now for a week and a half.

I just made a little run for the smalls outside where the big ones free range. Hoping this helps.

Before you put them in the coop were they all using the run together without much issue? Not divided, but sharing the same space? That'd be step one to me - getting them to safely interact in a larger space.

I don't move chicks into the coop until a week or two after they've been using the run together with the older birds. Other tricky thing is you're adding young birds to young birds, which can be a little more unpredictable, given that the older birds are still in the process of growing up themselves.

So I made a run for the smalls outside where my bigs free range. The bugs rush over to investigate only when I'm over by the littles lol.

The littles seem much happier with the bigger space outside being able to scratch and dush bathe etc. Fingers crossed that this helps!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom