Help!

krispetrie64

Chirping
Jun 20, 2018
Way upstate New York
This duckling has been perfectly fine until recently. It acts like it can't walk. Has anyone had this happen and what can I do?

Attachments

• 20200920_162747.jpg
    20200920_162747.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 16
Sorry to hear about your duckling.

Could you post a video of her trying to get around? To post a video you'll need to upload it to a video platform like Youtube or vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.

What is she being fed? What kind of area is being kept in all-day? Are you adding any supplements to her feed or water, if so, what? Do her legs feel abnormally hot? Do they seem to bend properly? Is there any swelling?

I would definitely change feed to an all flock or water fowl formulated for them with niacin already in it if you have other than ducks i would do an all flock it will save you from having to buy different bags of feed

I started niacin the day I started this thread. I feel so guilty because it has been four years since I last raised baby ducks and I forgot to give her niacin. Does anyone know about how long before I might see results after starting niacin? She is otherwise very healthy and loveable.

If you read the link I posted earlier in the thread, it answers that question briefly.

Sorry to hear about your duckling.

Could you post a video of her trying to get around? To post a video you'll need to upload it to a video platform like Youtube or vimeo, then copy/paste the link here.

What is she being fed? What kind of area is being kept in all-day? Are you adding any supplements to her feed or water, if so, what? Do her legs feel abnormally hot? Do they seem to bend properly? Is there any swelling?

Back
Top Bottom