Help!

Broilers are slower... I have heard plenty of stories of this happening and a quick google shows that this definitely occurs. I may be more paranoid, but I would definitely consider separating them out, because if chickens are disappearing with no way out, odds are they are getting eaten, it's just a question of dead or alive. I know I may have a different relationship with my chickens and losses than some people, but the idea of them getting eaten alive is something that I would personally minimize
I definitely do not think they are being eaten alive, and we separated the last one today, if they were being eaten alive I definitely feel our pigs would have went after our other chickens by now as well. We have put younger and slower chickens with them before such as silkies and they loved them! They would ride around on the pigs backs and we never saw anything happen and all the chickens are still alive today. So I don’t think they are being eaten alive. My concern is they are dying of heart attacks or leg failure and the pigs are eating them after they die.

Good luck!! I'm glad you separated the last one out :) I hope they are indeed only eating dead ones! I know pigs are very smart creatures, but I'm not confident they have the moral compass/care to discriminate a live versus dead chicken. Update if you find out anything!
I sure will, and thank you! I really hope my pigs
Good luck!! I'm glad you separated the last one out :) I hope they are indeed only eating dead ones! I know pigs are very smart creatures, but I'm not confident they have the moral compass/care to discriminate a live versus dead chicken. Update if you find out anything!
Okay... so I wanted to update you on the last chicken. I transferred her into another coop away from the pigs and then the next morning I go out there and more chickens are missing. The next day the same thing had happened as well as the day after that. So far like 10 chickens were gone. This was only happening at night, we’d keep a close eye on them all day since I work from home and nothing! The pigs are acting completely normal around the chickens!! So my kiddos decided to have a stake out and they hear all the chickens freaking out in the middle of the night and they run in to see what is going on and ( I would have never guessed) our Neighbor’s 10 and 11 year old kids were stealing our chickens one and two at a time!!
All the chickens are safely back home now, and we let their parents know if anything like this happens again we are calling the cops!! We are so glad that all our chickens are back home now and have jnvested in a security camera! 🤦‍♀️😂

I sure will, and thank you! I really hope my pigs

Okay... so I wanted to update you on the last chicken. I transferred her into another coop away from the pigs and then the next morning I go out there and more chickens are missing. The next day the same thing had happened as well as the day after that. So far like 10 chickens were gone. This was only happening at night, we’d keep a close eye on them all day since I work from home and nothing! The pigs are acting completely normal around the chickens!! So my kiddos decided to have a stake out and they hear all the chickens freaking out in the middle of the night and they run in to see what is going on and ( I would have never guessed) our Neighbor’s 10 and 11 year old kids were stealing our chickens one and two at a time!!
All the chickens are safely back home now, and we let their parents know if anything like this happens again we are calling the cops!! We are so glad that all our chickens are back home now and have jnvested in a security camera! 🤦‍♀️😂
Oh my gosh!! That is so funny!! Best possible outcome for sure! What a great story!

Well I wasn't expecting to read THAT!

I thought you'd say a racoon had got in or a possum.

What have they done with the chickens? Eaten them? If not, are they returning them to you?

Were they starving hungry or just wanted their own to keep, or mean?

So many questions!

Back
Top Bottom