Help!!

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
I got some eggs from a guy and stuffed them under one of my broody hens. I thought i had the day set for yesterday where her eggs started hatching. And the eggs that were given to me 3 days behind. But broody hen got up yesterday and went back and no egg has pipped. I the 3 eggs in incubator as they were behind and im hearing chirping a bit. Not sure if i should stop turning and start lockdown though or not.

I got some eggs from a guy and stuffed them under one of my broody hens. I thought i had the day set for yesterday where her eggs started hatching. And the eggs that were given to me 3 days behind. But broody hen got up yesterday and went back and no egg has pipped. I the 3 eggs in incubator as they were behind and im hearing chirping a bit. Not sure if i should stop turning and start lockdown though or not.
If you can hear chirping, that usually means they have internally pipped. I personally would stop turning and go into lockdown.

If you can hear chirping, that usually means they have internally pipped. I personally would stop turning and go into lockdown.
But i have to say i think i guessed on one of the eggs. The 3 i got from the guy i had marked with an X. But I wasn’t able to find them when i went to take them out. Not sure if that will matter to much or not.

do you mean that she was on eggs and you added more? Which are 3 days behind?

Chirping means internal pip, definitely stop turning and lockdown.

Good luck with your hatch and keep us posted! Have you checked the eggs under the broody for fertility or to see if they have developed?
Yes i did, all of them seemed to be good,
do you mean that she was on eggs and you added more? Which are 3 days behind?

Chirping means internal pip, definitely stop turning and lockdown.
Yeah. I added 3 eggs 3 days after she started sitting. Just checked hen and she has her eggs cracked already. Most of them had that pip. 2 of the eggs in incubator were marked when set but the 3rd one i guessed as i didn’t find the exact egg with X on it.

Yes i did, all of them seemed to be good,

Yeah. I added 3 eggs 3 days after she started sitting. Just checked hen and she has her eggs cracked already. Most of them had that pip. 2 of the eggs in incubator were marked when set but the 3rd one i guessed as i didn’t find the exact egg with X on it.
I would suggest not doing this again- once the first eggs hatch, the mama hen will get up and take care of the hatched babies, abandoning whatever is left, staggered hatches just arent a good idea for this reason

I would suggest not doing this again- once the first eggs hatch, the mama hen will get up and take care of the hatched babies, abandoning whatever is left, staggered hatches just arent a good idea for this reason
Definitely won’t, i did it cause they were gamefowl so just seeing what cane from them.

Back
Top Bottom