Help!

AsSoftAsSilk

Hatching
Jan 11, 2023
I'm a first time chicken owner and my chickens feet are injured. The one is worse than the other. I don't know her age she was given to me young but she is not a year old yet in my understanding. I have had her sense October 2022. I have pictures of her feet, I want to help her but don't know where to start. My ile man says its frostbite ans can't be helped. I'm hopeful it's something I can treat and help her. I have grown quite fond of her. Can anyone help me identify what is wrong with her, I can take and supply more pictures if needed.

Attachments

• 20230111_172346.jpg
    20230111_172346.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230111_172339.jpg
    20230111_172339.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm a first time chicken owner and my chickens feet are injured. The one is worse than the other. I don't know her age she was given to me young but she is not a year old yet in my understanding. I have had her sense October 2022. I have pictures of her feet, I want to help her but don't know where to start. My ile man says its frostbite ans can't be helped. I'm hopeful it's something I can treat and help her. I have grown quite fond of her. Can anyone help me identify what is wrong with her, I can take and supply more pictures if needed.
It certainly looks like frostbite. If that is the case, the dried out, blackened parts will fall off naturally. You just have to keep track of her, and make sure that they don’t get infected.

You should really figure out what is wrong with the coop that would cause this level of frost bite. It is likely due to lack of ventilation. Do you have a heated waterer in the henhouse?

Back
Top Bottom