Help

I have 6 hatched. I did the water test on the other 8 eggs and 4 of them didn’t do anything but float no wiggling and 4 floated and wiggled some so I’m waiting to see if those 4 hatch. The 4 that didn’t do anything I did a small hole and could tell that there was a baby but no movement. So i cracked them really easy and when I got to the baby they were fully developed but cold.
5 of the chicks in incubator are moving around good but 1 was just born so it’s not moving a lot. I was going to leave them in the incubator till tomorrow so this last one can dry off. Hopefully that’ll be ok. The first one hatched Thursday morning so hopefully he’ll be ok in there till I move them all out.
The ones that were hatched on Thursday should go to a brooder today, so they can eat and drink. The one that hatched today will fluff up and then will cheep and hopefully help prompt the remaining eggs to hatch.

The ones that were hatched on Thursday should go to a brooder today, so they can eat and drink. The one that hatched today will fluff up and then will cheep and hopefully help prompt the remaining eggs to hatch.
He’ll be out there by himself in our garage will that be ok? It’s turned off cold here today but I’ve got wood chips and a heat lamp for them in the garage in a dog kennel we’ve turned into their house till they can go to the bigger pen.

He’ll be out there by himself in our garage will that be ok? It’s turned off cold here today but I’ve got wood chips and a heat lamp for them in the garage in a dog kennel we’ve turned into their house till they can go to the bigger pen.
The one that hatched today should be in getting fluffy in an incubator or are you saying only one chick hatched on Thursday?

I set some eggs the same time Gma C did. I took mine from the incubator after about 12 hours of hatching. Put them in the brooder under a heat lamp to help finish drying. (Brooder was 95 degrees) But I want to say all mine started eating and drinking between 24-36 hours after hatching.

Can you move the 5 that hatched first to the brooder to get them eating and drinking? Leave the last one that hatched in the incubator to finish fluffing up and drying.
I’ve moved 3 to the garage under the heat lamp with food and water. The other 3 are still in the incubator. One hatched last night and two hatched today. Two eggs still in there.when I did the water this morning they both moved so still holding out for them two.

The one that hatched today should be in getting fluffy in an incubator or are you saying only one chick hatched on Thursday?
The ones that hatched today are still in the house in the incubator. The 3 outside hatched Thursday/ Friday morning

Back
Top Bottom