Help

Pics

Gma C

Chirping
Mar 29, 2023
My incubator says 1 day left but tonight at 7 pm my incubator will go to 0. But today is day 21 from when I put the eggs in there. Nothing is happening. My temperature is 99.5-100.5 and humidity is 69. Why aren’t they piping any? Have I done something wrong? I candled and before lockdown I took the one egg out that didn’t look like there was anything in it and there was a baby. It was a huge egg but the chicken was fully formed but small. Please help.

Thanks

How are things going @Gma C ?
I have 6 hatched. I did the water test on the other 8 eggs and 4 of them didn’t do anything but float no wiggling and 4 floated and wiggled some so I’m waiting to see if those 4 hatch. The 4 that didn’t do anything I did a small hole and could tell that there was a baby but no movement. So i cracked them really easy and when I got to the baby they were fully developed but cold.
5 of the chicks in incubator are moving around good but 1 was just born so it’s not moving a lot. I was going to leave them in the incubator till tomorrow so this last one can dry off. Hopefully that’ll be ok. The first one hatched Thursday morning so hopefully he’ll be ok in there till I move them all out.

How are they doing today? I've only had my brooder in the house... Not sure about garage, is it insulated? How cold is it?
Garage isn’t insulated but we’ve got the heat lamp on them and a cardboard box laying flat on the top along with stuff on the sides. They have been doing great outside running around and I saw them eating and drinking.

The black one is up walking around. The white one is still the same way. I don’t have cornstarch. I’m in the United States. Do I need to pull some shell away from the white one around her head more? Another one has just pecked through its shell. I just see the beck.
No you don‘t need to remove any more shell. It can breathe just fine it needs to stay in the egg to try and absorb.

When they externally pip (peck through the shell) that is more than enough for then to get enough oxygen. After the pip it can 24 hours before they hatch. They will then zip round the egg and pop the top off to hatch.

Can you move the 5 that hatched first to the brooder to get them eating and drinking? Leave the last one that hatched in the incubator to finish fluffing up and drying.
I’ve moved 3 to the garage under the heat lamp with food and water. The other 3 are still in the incubator. One hatched last night and two hatched today. Two eggs still in there.when I did the water this morning they both moved so still holding out for them two.

Back
Top Bottom