Help

Keep them both in the incubator, the one with the blood, put a bit of cornstarch on, if in uk, a bit of flour, or cornflour to stop the blood. Put it on with a cotton bud ( q-tip) It looks like a blood vein has been hit. Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞:hugs
Edited to add I hope your grandson is ok and feeling a lot better now :hugs

The black one is up walking around. The white one is still the same way. I don’t have cornstarch. I’m in the United States. Do I need to pull some shell away from the white one around her head more? Another one has just pecked through its shell. I just see the beck.

The black one is up walking around. The white one is still the same way. I don’t have cornstarch. I’m in the United States. Do I need to pull some shell away from the white one around her head more? Another one has just pecked through its shell. I just see the beck.
No you don‘t need to remove any more shell. It can breathe just fine it needs to stay in the egg to try and absorb.

When they externally pip (peck through the shell) that is more than enough for then to get enough oxygen. After the pip it can 24 hours before they hatch. They will then zip round the egg and pop the top off to hatch.

No you don‘t need to remove any more shell. It can breathe just fine it needs to stay in the egg to try and absorb.

When they externally pip (peck through the shell) that is more than enough for then to get enough oxygen. After the pip it can 24 hours before they hatch. They will then zip round the egg and pop the top off to hatch.
I’ve got another one that poked through. The little white one is out of her shell and walking around some. So when can I dispose of the eggs that haven’t hatched or anything? Should I do the water test to see if anything is in there. Friday at 7pm will be day 23. I put an x on the ones I candled and thought were good but they’ve not done anything yet. Also since the two babies are out of their shells when can I remove those empty shells? How long can I leave #1 chick in the incubator without food or water? Sorry for the questions. Last one. We’re supposed to get some pretty bad storms Friday afternoon. What do I do if my power goes out?? Don’t have a fire place for heat.

As hatch seems delayed I would leave the others another day and then recandle to check for movement.

Hatched chicks can survive for upto 72 hours after hatch on the yolk sac that they absorb prior to hatch. Just personally I leave hatched chicks in the incubator for up to 24 hours after or if the incubator is looking full. I then remove empty shells at the same time.

How are things going @Gma C ?
I have 6 hatched. I did the water test on the other 8 eggs and 4 of them didn’t do anything but float no wiggling and 4 floated and wiggled some so I’m waiting to see if those 4 hatch. The 4 that didn’t do anything I did a small hole and could tell that there was a baby but no movement. So i cracked them really easy and when I got to the baby they were fully developed but cold.
5 of the chicks in incubator are moving around good but 1 was just born so it’s not moving a lot. I was going to leave them in the incubator till tomorrow so this last one can dry off. Hopefully that’ll be ok. The first one hatched Thursday morning so hopefully he’ll be ok in there till I move them all out.

Back
Top Bottom