***Help***

Yah

Songster
May 16, 2023
My hen Australorp has been trying to hatch eggs since Wednesday 10, 2023 and today is her 13 day. She has a egg that has some broken shell on it with no shell on parts and there is definitely a chick in there but there is still like membrane around it and just was curious if it would survive or not

No, just my hen I just brought they egg in and put tape around they open part and maid sure the gooey stuff didn't come out or get stuck to the tape and put it back under my hen 😬

My hen Australorp has been trying to hatch eggs since Wednesday 10, 2023 and today is her 13 day. She has a egg that has some broken shell on it with no shell on parts and there is definitely a chick in there but there is still like membrane around it and just was curious if it would survive or not
Do you have photos of the damaged egg?

You can try using candle wax or Elmer's glue to repair it, IF the damage is not too great.

Hard to know if it will survive or not. While you don't want to disturb your broody and eggs too much, you'll want to check that particular egg, if you notice an odor or leaking, then it's time to dispose of it. You don't want a yucky egg with all the others or for it to leak and get on the broody hen's underside.

Hope all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom