Help!

Lycanox

In the Brooder
May 28, 2023
I have two eggs that are pipping at 24 days old, they have cracked the shell, temp at 99.5 and humidty 75%, one of the eggs are twins, there are two ducks in one egg, what do I do? im not worried about the other egg but I've put them in lockdown and they are peeping and wiggling like crazy.

I can't help but I did contact @New duck mommy 2021 hopefully she can help.

I don't hatch I let my Muscovy do the work.
I have two eggs that are pipping at 24 days old, they have cracked the shell, temp at 99.5 and humidty 75%, one of the eggs are twins, there are two ducks in one egg, what do I do? im not worried about the other egg but I've put them in lockdown and they are peeping and wiggling like crazy.
What breed?

I found bruising on the non-twin and gave him a hole, he has fully internally pipped and is quite loud, no progress after the external pip on the twins (bruising right next to hole)
IMG_20230528_203524935.jpg

Try and make sure the incubator is shut as much as possible (with the exception of pulling an egg out to assist of course) to prevent shrink wrapping now that one has externally pipped.
If you don't see any more progress from the one with the bruise in another 12-24 hours either create another safety hole that's more on top of the bruise or start to make the current hole slightly bigger, about a cm in diameter to help him progress, and just keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom