Help

This happens a lot. And once they have begun attacking, they really don't change back to how they were. Nearly 100% of the time, they get worse, sometimes dangerously worse. Roosters are a crap shoot, and yours is aggressive.

Well, I like myself too, and I am not taking a beating for just being there. I almost think that kind of love, a one way love, he doesn't love you back, he is trying to attack you, is a dangerous mindset.

It is the next phase. it is not temporary.

Mrs J just posted this in another thread of reforming a rooster:

I have to agree with @Mrs. K
I have dealt with a similar situation to you for the last 2 years. Going out armoured, checking behaviours etc. I now realise it was Red (my rooster) ruling the roost. After 2yrs of trying to “train” him, showing him I was no threat, building confidences, I was bitterly disappointed that I had wasted all of my time and effort. He hadn’t attacked me since Christmas morning, so after checking the coast was clear a couple of days ago, I put the bins out (stupidly in shorts and sliders). I didn’t even hear him creep up on me, it was a full on attack from which resulted in me having 4 stitches above my knee and multiple cuts and bruises all over my legs. He obviously new he had the advantage until I managed to grab a brush and fight him off. I will never ever keep a cockerel/rooster that shows any signs of aggression again. I am thankful it was me he attacked, not anyone else. Needless to say he was gone the very same day. The last couple of days have been bliss, I have had my chair out, sitting in the sun finally able to enjoy my hens.

Like Quote Reply

Back
Top Bottom