Help!

Well, I wish I had your problem right now. I just got done calling the fire department on my new neighbors. They own a disaster clean up company. Every night since they moved in 2 weeks ago they have been showing up with a loarge trailer full of house debris (wood, drywall, carpet, etc) and burning it! The fire chief has already been out once before.

Actually with the previous owners I had your situation next to me, but I liked the rooster. Didn't hurt that she gave me fresh eggs once in a while.

WoW, guess lots has been said about the rooster. I must agree with loads of others, using the dog collar certainly is not the answer, however, she was doing it to try and please you. Roosters are roosters, they are going to crow, like you are going to gripe and complain and type the same thing over, time after time. I moved 6 years ago, and at the bottom of a hill directly behind us are railroad tracks. Every night (can you believe it) a train passes by more than once, because its a train and they blow thier horns at crossings, we heard and woke up to the train whistle many many nights, however now, we are able to sleep through it as we have adapted to the new noise. There are things you can do for yourself if you want to sleep a little bit later than the rooster, try white noise, a fan works well, as does a humidifier, air purifier, an official white noise machine. Rather than getting bitter, kill your neighbor with kindness, keep peace. Bake a dozen cookies and bring them to her. If you would back off a bit and be kind, rather than threatening, she may be willing to keep her rooster indoors til a later time. It never is a wrong decision to be nice and considerate.

Here is another option that I have not seen offered. Change the laws.

Get the neighbors together and go after the city/town and get a no rooster law or noise ordinance law passed. This can be as quick an option as fighting/discussions with the neighbors and taking them to court. I would start with a petition and have all the neighbors sign and see what happens.

To try and keep the "peace" with the neighbor if you are going for no roosters then try not to get a law passed for no chickens for other neighbors in the future who may want them and are actually neighbor friendly and conscious of their responsibility to others if you have chickens. Hope that makes sense.

Hope this helps.
big_smile.png

Quote:
The ACO said that the shock collar used on a Rooster is inhumane/animal cruelty and that the shock training does not work on a Rooster the way it is effective on a dog. I don't know much about shock collars but I can tell you that Rooster made awful sounds for the weeks it was forced to wear it and it caused internal and external irritation on the neck/throat. Is there a proper way to use them on Roosters and if yes, why isn't there collar marketed for this exact use? Sounds like it would be a big money maker. They left the collar on the bird for days at a time for a few weeks.

Note that I said that the first thing they did wrong in using it was in not verifying if it would work on a chicken or not, and hte 2nd, that even if they had, they were obviously using it in a way that caused excessive and likely constant pain. (that 2nd was not as clearly stated in my earlier post)

Quote:
That likely will not affect the OP's neighbor as their rooster would likely be grandfathered. Enacting a noise ordinance would be simpler and more effective, and is probably a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom