Help!!!

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
My Duck Angel seems to be getting worse. Had what appeared to be fungus around vent. Treated with combination of cortizone, neosporin, and Foot Fungal Creme. Swelling went down, fungus did not all go away, now it appears on oil gland. Does anyone have any suggestions. She is still eating, but is losing weight.

Sorry I don't know the answer but wanted to bump your post.

Good luck
hugs.gif

Well, I like diluted chlorahexadine as a wound wash. If it were here, that is what I would be using.....probably a good rinse 3 times a day. The rinsing speeds healing and the chlorahexadine takes care of fungal and bacterial. Not sure about the wound-kote, that stuff is kinda rough....

I do have that. Hibiclens (Chlorohexidine Gluconate Dolution 4.%.) So I will dillute it and apply with a q-Tip Thanks!!! Or do I put it on then rinse it off?

Perfect!
smile.png
I'd do like the bottle says for "skin wound and general skin cleansing". Take warm water and rinse the area off good,..then apply it, wait about 5 minutes, then lightly rinse with warm water. For rinsing, I like to use a little squeeze bottle or you can use a large syringe. The water running over the would for some reason really helps.

The vet called me a little bit ago and she had some antibiotics for me. I went over and got some septra, so I will get her started on that right away and then take her in on Tuesday when the vet that knows about ducks is there.

Back
Top Bottom