Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Ok, so I am working 7 PM to 7 AM tonight, but about an hour ago (durion our busiest time of the night) my tooth broke! I don't mean chipped or cracked, I mean BROKE!!!

It's not super sore, but I need to know if there is anything I can do to to prevent more breakage or to prevent it from becoming more painful.

PLEASE HELP!!!

[​IMG]

I should also add that I have a sort of "phobia" of broken teeth. Keep in mind that I work in the hospital, used to work ER all the time, I can handle blood, broken and protruding bones, brain matter, etc. But the one thing I cannot handle is broken teeth, and now it's happened to ME! If any more of this tooth breaks, I may end up as a patient from a panic attack!!!

[​IMG]

2. vanilla.exe

vanilla.exe Chillin' With My Peeps

If you work in a hospital....go on lunch break and have someone look at your tooth! Other than that, don't eat with it/get food in it and don't mess with it until you can get a dentist appointment. I have a broken tooth that's never ever hurt or given me problems, while my boyfriend has one that drives him nuts. Luck of the draw.

3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Gosh, I don't know. It should be okay until tomorrow AM when you can see the dentist. Ora Gel might help if it hurts and plain old aspirin is the best tooth ache pain meds I have ever used. So sorry, but good luck. No way to save the tooth?

HenZ

4. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    OUCH!!!! I know how that is. Depends on where the tooth broke? But I wouldn't eat anything really cold or really hot. That would make it hurt worse. I have used Ambesol which works alright. I would definitly take some tylenol or ibuprofin every 4 to 6 hours until you can get to a dentist. Hopefully tomorrow, but with it being Sunday, thats gonna be hard. Good luck. My sister in law always said she rather be in labor than have a toothache. I tend to agree. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Terrah. Deep breaths. You really CAN handle this til Monday. You will be fine. Maybe a snaggletooth, but you will be fine.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    There's a product called dental wax in the pharmacy, it will cover sharp, broken edges.

Hope you can get it fixed soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by