HELP!

Jmanvanatta

Songster
7 Years
Feb 16, 2012
My 6 year old hen is not eating sitting still with her head on her sholders empty crop and eyes close she can barley hold up her weight. I have force fed her and gave her water with sugar in it she had poo crusted on her bum so i scraped it of now she pooed a little black then 10 mins later a bit bigger the a normal sised one with wight in it please help im scared.
hit.gif
sad.png

I am so sorry! I know it is helpful for others if you give a bit more information:

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

i can feel her breast bone and she is 6 she just sits there i have only noticed this today no other birds are doing it no injuries she is molting she would be eating and drinking water and corn at first her poop was small and black now it is normal and has wight i gave her sugar water and force fed her i also have some baby vitamans i used for a chick with wry neck if that helps i hope i can treat her my self beacuse my dad wont pay for a vet i dont have a camera but she is getting worse she cannt even sit

Oh Honey...I wish I could be of some help.

6? Wow! From what I understand, that is a good old age.

In your first post you said she cannot stand. In your last post you said she cannot sit. Is she standing now?

Have you tried massaging around her bottom area and feeling for an egg shaped lump?

You could go here to try to diagnose her yourself based on the symptoms you see. Please let us know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom