HELP

ashleymikia

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
hi im new here im Ashley
I just got baby call duck. I was suppose to have 10 but 7 died on the trip here and the 8th died 2 hours after I had it,
now im left with two. and just recently the one has gone lame!!! he was the strongest and now he wont walk on his foot and it looks wrinkly and old. im worried that frost bite may have set in from the trip but im at a lost here I don't know what to do. could it be broken birds are not big here and there are no vets that work on birds near me. im so worried about him. can anyone help me

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

You can start by posting in the duck section and give a good description of the symptoms there. You can also try the Emergencies section of the forums as well.

Sorry I can not help you with this as I know nothing about ducks. I hope all goes well. Enjoy BYC!

That sucks! First off so sorry about that! Frost bite is possible but I would think that there would be signs when you first got him. I don't know for sure though. The other thing is a possible niacin deficiency. Can you post pics, that might help to diagnose?

The other thing is If you don't mind me asking- where did you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom