Help!!!!

kimbo5387

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013

I have 4 chickens (one isn't pictured,but it is identical to the white ones)! 2 I got from tsc out of the pullet tub (white one), my other 2 white ones are supposed to be gsl, and of course the other one is a RIR... My question is can anyone tell me from this pic if I have Roos or hens?!?

kimbo5387

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Oops! If you enlarge the pic my third white one is sitting down in the back!

Kambrie

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
The red one and the furthest white one to the right have pretty big combs. There is a possibility that they might be, but its still hard to tell.

Mitchell Farm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Awfully hard to tell at this age. Even the pros have a difficult time. About the only thing you can do is wait and see. Good luck!

kimbo5387

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
I'm not real sure on the proper lingo, but the RIR always seems to be involved in charging (looks like a jump combined with a chest bump) my GSL's...I make them stop, should I? And also this behavior makes me think one is a rooster?! I figured it was to early to tell... Should I worry about that behavior or let them be chickens?! ;)

twoacresofhappy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Georgia, USA
It may not help, but we had two RIR hens awhile back. For awhile, we were convinced that one was a roo - she had a prominent comb (well, early on - ultimately, she did not have a full roo comb) and even had a spur on one of her legs. And she was always bossy, but she was definitely a hen and she was an excellent layer, too.

Kambrie

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
I'm not real sure on the proper lingo, but the RIR always seems to be involved in charging (looks like a jump combined with a chest bump) my GSL's...I make them stop, should I? And also this behavior makes me think one is a rooster?! I figured it was to early to tell... Should I worry about that behavior or let them be chickens?!
wink.png
Theyre probably just playing. :)

Top Bottom