Help!!!!

kimbo5387

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013

I have 4 chickens (one isn't pictured,but it is identical to the white ones)! 2 I got from tsc out of the pullet tub (white one), my other 2 white ones are supposed to be gsl, and of course the other one is a RIR... My question is can anyone tell me from this pic if I have Roos or hens?!?

Oops! If you enlarge the pic my third white one is sitting down in the back!

The red one and the furthest white one to the right have pretty big combs. There is a possibility that they might be, but its still hard to tell.

Awfully hard to tell at this age. Even the pros have a difficult time. About the only thing you can do is wait and see. Good luck!

I'm not real sure on the proper lingo, but the RIR always seems to be involved in charging (looks like a jump combined with a chest bump) my GSL's...I make them stop, should I? And also this behavior makes me think one is a rooster?! I figured it was to early to tell... Should I worry about that behavior or let them be chickens?! ;)

It may not help, but we had two RIR hens awhile back. For awhile, we were convinced that one was a roo - she had a prominent comb (well, early on - ultimately, she did not have a full roo comb) and even had a spur on one of her legs. And she was always bossy, but she was definitely a hen and she was an excellent layer, too.

I'm not real sure on the proper lingo, but the RIR always seems to be involved in charging (looks like a jump combined with a chest bump) my GSL's...I make them stop, should I? And also this behavior makes me think one is a rooster?! I figured it was to early to tell... Should I worry about that behavior or let them be chickens?!
wink.png
Theyre probably just playing. :)

Back
Top Bottom