Help

upser19352

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Woke up to power off one chick hatched another looks like its almost out temp was really low what are the chances the others will make it?

Did the power come back on yet? They should be o.k. with a lower temperature, unless it's really, really cold, in which case the chicks could get chilled. It is important that the humidity stays high now (65% +)

Where are you located upse19352? Our electric was off also. Don't know why. It isn't storming or anything. It was only off about an hour at the most. At least that is what my dh said. I wasn't aware of it for a while, and didn't think about the bator with my 12 French copper maran eggs in it!!! They are on day 13. Hope they are ok. My broody quit setting on 3 of her 5 eggs, which hatched, and we left the 3 in the nest quite a while to see if she would set back on them. She didn't and after maybe a day DH took them and opened to see. One was still alive, so he "helped" it out, but it only lived about 1 day. We should have brought it in to the bator, but you live and learn. But my point is, it wasn't under any heat for quit some time and it was still alive. It probably would have made it if we hadn't helped it and let it hatch on it's own. It was just one that was a late hatcher. Broody waited about 3 days after the 5 hatched before she stopped setting. Here's to hoping they are all ok.
fl.gif
I'm sure they will be fine. They really are tough little guys!

Last edited:
Im in Pa. Don't know why it went out but we will see hope all goes well fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom