HELP

cluckcluck3499

Songster
7 Years
Sep 23, 2012
Tennessee
My hen has a red eye and from what I can tell she is blind in that eye..it's not very good, but here is a picture
the other one looks good, but this one doesn't. She is still getting around fine. She is 1 year 8 months old..please if anyone knows anything I could do, please say

Can't really see much in the pic, but its probably a peck injury. They can get eye worm, if you research this site , there are some good pics for you to compare. I have a chook that is blind in one eye, she was taken by a hawk, but my daughter threw a stick at the hawk and it dropped her. She does have a blind side, but she manages quite well. If you feel it's not worms, just keep an eye ( pardon the pun ) on it, for infection. If you have some saline it wouldn't hurt to flush it out, just in case it's a foreign body.

Can't really see much in the pic, but its probably a peck injury. They can get eye worm, if you research this site , there are some good pics for you to compare. I have a chook that is blind in one eye, she was taken by a hawk, but my daughter threw a stick at the hawk and it dropped her. She does have a blind side, but she manages quite well. If you feel it's not worms, just keep an eye ( pardon the pun ) on it, for infection. If you have some saline it wouldn't hurt to flush it out, just in case it's a foreign body.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom