HELP!!!!!!

KidChicken

Hatching
5 Years
May 6, 2014
Hi I'm new to this. I have a chick named feather and another named fudge (both girls) Feather is dying and I don't know how to react to it..I can't post any pics because I have an iPad 1....please help!!!!!:hit:hit

Last edited by a moderator:
No
I don't know
Eyes won't open, she won't chirp, she won't eat, she can't stand, she is drooling

Do you have a eye dropper to put a little water on or in the beak ...

At four weeks she should have most of her feathers so depending on the room temps you do not even need a light in the day time ....

The temp should be only around 70F .....

They need to be in a brooder at 80-70 degrees at that age.. What do you have them in? What food are you giving them? Try dipping her beak in the water to make sure she knows its there.. Im sorry she is sick.

Last edited:
Stay calm ; We are here to help.
hugs.gif

Can you give us all the information you know about her? That would really help

I take it you are offline until the morning...

If Feather passes over night, its OK. It always is OK.
Do not be saddened to much. Being sad is OK, but never let it make you give up on chickens.

I know you are only 11. I'm just a bit older than you. I have totally been in your shoes, and I can give one piece of important advice:

Learn.

Learn what went wrong, what you can do to fix it. Learn all you can need to ever know about chickens, and then learn some more. And then some. You will never stop learning, KidChicken.

I know this might not be that comforting, but chicks do die. The trick is to let yourself bond with your chickens, and get to know them really well ; but also be prepared and know that everything has it's time to die. And everything has a time to live.

The people on this forum are always there for you, and feel free to PM me any time if you need to talk.

- TheChickenMomma

PS:
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom