Help!

Lobsterman

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Turner, ME
It's day 22 and no sign of hatching. Eggs were candled on day 16 and all eggs were fertile and growing. Incubator locked down. Humidity 68. Why aren't they hatching yet!? Temp may have been a little low the whole time due to still air incubator directions telling me 99.5 when in a still air it should be 102. Will they just hatch late? Or are they not gonna make it?

Usually when the temp has been lower, it takes longer for them to incubate, so it equals more time until they hatch. This has happened to me before, but it usually turns out ok. I would wait until day 24. After that point, I would open up the eggs to see what happened. Hope they hatch
fl.gif

Usually when the temp has been lower, it takes longer for them to incubate, so it equals more time until they hatch. This has happened to me before, but it usually turns out ok. I would wait until day 24. After that point, I would open up the eggs to see what happened. Hope they hatch :fl

Thanks. Love that fingers crossed smiley!

First on pipped day 23. It pipped on the side of the egg though so I had to help it a little. Still alive so lad I caught it in time.
I placed it's beak straight in the air back in the incubator. Do you think it will be fine? Or will blood get in it's lungs?

Back
Top Bottom