HELP!!

Kimbo bimbo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 6, 2014
I am amberlink hen who I was told was 16 weeks and I have had her for 4 weeks now. She doesn't seem right not really eating her crop is never full and her comb is tiny. She doesn't seem interested in anything no treats or anything. Acts quite quiet and just generally seems unhappy. Any one got any ideas that may help please...

You may need to tube feed. Kathy knows more about this, hopefully she will see this. I really hope you get the advice you need and are able to get your chicken back on track.
fl.gif

Oh right hopefully if she knows about this she will. Why would I need to tube feed? do you think she's just depressed and scared?

You mentioned she won't eat anything, not even treats. I would think she's going to need nourishment. In the meantime I would make sure she's warm. Is she drinking water?

I have 7 other hens a cockerel and 2 ducks. She was with all of them but she's now seperate with another hen who was being bullied although they don't really mix together

Yes every morning she rushed out and drinks a lot. She eats very rarely from a scoop I have but even then it's a minute amount

maybe I've never fed egg to them before. Do you make it the way you do for humans? Butter and all?

Back
Top Bottom