HELP

Deckgirls

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
We just got two new bantam easter egger chickens. I opened the coop and one flew out...into my evil neighbors yard and waaay up in a tree!! We live in the city and alll of our neighbors aren't happy about the fact that we have chickens anyway but now shes way up in a tree :( she will not come down. If we poke at her she just flys to another tree. Its 9pm. Will she roost there all night? Do you think she will come down and go right to the coop? If my neighbors discover her in their yard we are in biiiiig trouble with the city :( any helpful ideas?

I would wait for her to come down (but make sure she isn't making any noise). Did she ever come running at feeding time?

How long have you had her? If she isn't coop trained it will be tough to get her down before she wants to come down. All my new birds are confined to separate part of the coop for 4 weeks. I had three game type chickens that I had to manually chase to the coop before sunset or they would find a tree. It's more common in lighter smaller breeds.

Well we finally got her :( lesson learned I guess. She stayed up all night in the trees and came down and we caught her with a giant golf practice net. Boy shes quick. She heardbus open the coop and started squawking for her sister. So that helped

Back
Top Bottom