HELP?!

Sorry I can't help with the pouch question. But I am in ME too and all nine of my girls has virtually stopped laying for the season. Days are so short now and it is pretty cold. Mine normally lay longer into the fall, but it go so cold so quickly that they have all quit early. So I'd be surprised if that was related to laying. I would do some research on the crop issue, that seems more like a reasonable explanation.
Cute birds, hope you find out what it is, and if you do, please share so we can all learn
smile.png

Sorry I can't help with the pouch question.  But I am in ME too and all nine of my girls has virtually stopped laying for the season. Days are so short now and it is pretty cold.  Mine normally lay longer into the fall, but it go so cold so quickly that they have all quit early.  So I'd be surprised if that was related to laying.   I would do some research on the crop issue, that seems more like a reasonable explanation.
Cute birds, hope you find out what it is, and if you do, please share so we can all learn:)

Hi! Mine just layed their first egg on November 2nd and they give me eggs every 3 days now....i hope they stop soon, Im,not interesting in thawing frozen eggs! xP Will post here of I find out what it is or if the pouches are gone tomorrow:)

Hi! Mine just layed their first egg on November 2nd and they give me eggs every 3 days now....i hope they stop soon, Im,not interesting in thawing frozen eggs! xP Will post here of I find out what it is or if the pouches are gone tomorrow:)
What do you feed them? maybe with this frigid weather they are just eating more than normal. My Muscovy's have quit laying also but some breeds lay through out the winter months, so you may get eggs off and on. Reason for asking about food mine have really been chowing down and in the afternoon I have been giving everyone some whole corn to see them through the cold nights ahead. It's not their sole diet but it does help them generate heat.

What do you feed them? maybe with this frigid weather they are just eating more than normal. My Muscovy's have quit laying also but some breeds lay through out the winter months, so you may get eggs off and on. Reason for asking about food mine have really been chowing down and in the afternoon I have been giving everyone some whole corn to see them through the cold nights ahead. It's not their sole diet but it does help them generate heat.
Nature Wise Gamebird Feed.

Everyone looks 100% normal today. Vet is coming for a calf today so maybe I'll have her take a look at my girls.

Everyone looks 100% normal today. Vet is coming for a calf today so maybe I'll have her take a look at my girls.
It may just be they have been eating more than normal i know mine have been, actually when i looked at my Toulouse goose yesterday I thought my Missy you have put on weight. which is a good thing she is my smallest adult. I have been giving everyone some whole corn in the afternoons with this really cold temps we've been having. I also sent a PM to a cayuga owner and asked him to look at your pics too. They sure all look healthy, but having the vet look is a great idea. Let us know what she says please.

Last edited:
Vet said its def. them storing their food, I was dumping their feed as she came through the door and as we were talking and watching them their chests puffed up slowly.
I guess it's kinda like cows they put the food in and while it's processing they look fuller. lol glad everyone is good. Enjoy them they sure are pretty.

Back
Top Bottom