Help!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Julez21, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Julez21

Julez21 Chirping

Feb 13, 2014
    Quote:I would love any help I can get!! Thank you!! :O)

2. RoosterCogburn7

RoosterCogburn7 Chicken Atlas Farm NPIP 74-4231

Dec 5, 2014
    That is why I hate the concrete jungle. I prefer a small town in the county, not the city, with no HOA to bother me. I would hate to be bothered by yuppies who think meat grows naturally in little yellow Styrofoam dishes, and bleach white eggs morph out of Styrofoam containers. And that these mystical containers appear out of a magical place that is darker than the florescent lighting and has black plastic straps that odd little men who don't own a Beamer bring them after some unknown ritual.

1 person likes this.
  3. Amykins

Amykins Crowing

May 11, 2013
    Ugh, don't get me started on HOAs...mine is a nightmare. I got slapped with a fine for having a hummingbird feeder, a HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER! We also got threatened for leaving out garbage cans out a day after trash pickup and, I'm not joking, parking our car too far two feet too far out of the carport. My neighbor used to be on the board and he said he wasn't surprised, since I'd been in an ongoing battle with them to fix my property after sustaining flooding from their faulty sewer main that they hadn't repaired in years, despite our $400 (!) dues being paid each and every month.

1 person likes this.
  4. RoosterCogburn7

Dec 5, 2014
    I remember my encounter with the HOA President when I first moved here from a real HOA. I was moving up and this older biddy with a poodle came up and introduced herself as the President of the HOA. She informed me that my home did not belong to the HOA and if I would like to join. I casually asked her how much the fees were. I came from a place that did everything in your front lawn for 30.00 a month. She explained that it was 25.00 a month. My next question was, "So, what services does the HOA provide?"

She explained the HOA doesn't provide any services.

So, I looked at her. "Let me get this straight. You want me to pay you 25.00 a month to tell me what I can and can't do with my property. I think you need to keep walking."

She and her poodle left in a huff. They would come by for about a year later to glare at me, and I would just grin.

To my knowledge, I am the only property owner around my area that has chickens. As Jase said, "Chickens make me happy."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Amykins

Amykins Crowing

May 11, 2013
    Just $30 a month? What?!

6. RoosterCogburn7

Dec 5, 2014
    It was many Moons ago. The early 2000's. I have been on this property about 6 years now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: