I finally got a chance to start putting walls together.
yesterday I put the treated 2x4 sills down.
today was hot. I worked for awhile, took more breaks than work . so I gave up until after supper
then I went out and framed up a 12 foot long wall.
I have to side it before I stand it up because it will end up less than 2 inches from the garage wall.
I couldn't attach it directly to the garage because the garage is on a deep foundation below frost line. the shed is just a floating slab.
I am using 3 inch star head (torque) screws instead of nails. costs a little more, but there will not be that many used. maybe 3 pounds

had a nice steady southerly wind all day. I think the air is being pushed up from Irma.

I don't expect any rain from it, though.

.......jiminwisc.........

Sounds like good progress!

I installed the 2 corner wrap poop boards/roosts I built a couple of days ago. Filled the trays with PDZ. I'm not entirely happy with them, but hopefully they will make cleanup better this winter when the birds will probably stay inside more. I should have made them a little bit deeper, but they are ok. I think some of the chickens are a bit afraid of them and waited until dark before going inside.

I used PolyWall on the poop boards/trays to make it washable and prevent the wood from getting wet. I only put trim on the outer edges, but found when I installed the boards that there were slight gaps and some of the PDZ ran out. So... I cut some lengths of trim a bit long and wedged them along the back wall.

The (2) boards/roosts are just leaned together on the garage floor in the photos.

Last edited:
Dag nab it..... I tried to edit my post to add the photos, but they disappeared lol. Here are the boards before they were installed.
20170910_172156.jpg
20170910_172240.jpg

Hi everybody:frow I have been following the thread. My brother is building me a pigeon loft to my design. Most of the principle of coop building apply I think. I'm especially trying to get the ventilation right. It's going very slow but coming along well imo. If anyone wants to take a look there is an album called 'loft build' on my profile page. :D
thanks

Sounds like that could be a problem down the road for maintaining both walls?

the garage is steel walled.
the shed will be vinyl.
I am 75 yrs old. as long as it outlasts me I will be ok with it..
hardly no moisture will get in that space,
and there will be good air flow..

.......jiminwisc......

Also wants to know.
One of these products?

Hi everybody:frow I have been following the thread. My brother is building me a pigeon loft to my design. Most of the principle of coop building apply I think. I'm especially trying to get the ventilation right. It's going very slow but coming along well imo. If anyone wants to take a look there is an album called 'loft build' on my profile page. :D
thanks
You should start a build thread to add info to your great pics.

thanks
Thanks for sharing! You can send your helper over when he is done. I have a big project in mind.

You should start a build thread to add info to your great pics.
Thanks, I might! :D

Thanks for sharing! You can send your helper over when he is done. I have a big project in mind.
I've heard him mumble something about getting behind on his own projects :lol:. But the price is right and he does good work, imo.

Back
Top Bottom