I'm hoping the new goats will be everything you hope they will be..
today, I took a small scoop of my decomposed wood chips and planted two tomato plants in them,, The drainage is not what I hoped for. This is just an experiment.
I am not going to baby these plants. just will give them water when they need it..
.......jiminwisc.......

today, I took a small scoop of my decomposed wood chips and planted two tomato plants in them,, The drainage is not what I hoped for. This is just an experiment.
I am not going to baby these plants. just will give them water when they need it..
.......jiminwisc.......
Slap them once in a while too Jim, don't let them get soft. :lau

Looks awesome, wanna come work on my haphazard Chateau Le Chicks? Still working on the Barn for Bairns but I have time.
Heck, I can't get everything done I want to do around here! Lots of projects coming up. Lean-to, goat feeder, more brooders, rooster runs, etc.

Hitting on the collective mind here....
Anyone have any experience with a portable Air Conditioner?
The kind that sits on the floor inside and has exhaust hose thru window?

Biggest I've found is 12kBTU, say up to 350sqft and I have 700.
Open floor plan is a huge concern,
not to mention the open stairway to lower level and hallway to bedrooms off the 700sqft main living area.
Afraid it would be a waste of money,
both in outlay(~$500) and power consumption.
Not sure it's worth it to drop the temp 10Ā°.
Sigh.

1594211042173.png

Last edited:
Hitting on the collective mind here....
Anyone have any experience with a portable Air Conditioner?
The kind that sits on the floor inside and has exhaust hose thru window?

Biggest I've found is 12kBTU, say up to 350sqft and I have 700.
Open floor plan is a huge concern,
not to mention the open stairway to lower level and hallway to bedrooms off the 700sqft main living area.
Afraid it would be a waste of money,
both in outlay(~$500) and power consumption.
Not sure it's worth it to drop the temp 10Ā°.
Sigh.

1594211042173.png
get two? :oops:

Aart, that is the kind we use. IDK what the btu is, though. runs on 120V. Our house is 1200 sq ft. open stairway to the basement , like yours.
Open living/dining/kitchen concept.
I estimate with the bedrooms closed we are cooling half of the 1200 sq/ft. = 600 sq/ft.
each bedroom has it's own window AC.
the floor unit is set at 70F. It cools the area down from whatever hot it is, to comfortable in about 5 minutes. No problems with these mid 80F's we are having.
the cooling doesn't seem to affect the basement. It is always about 60F down there.
we run a dehumidifier in the basement when I don't forget to empty the water..
.......jiminwisc......

Hi again,
I had an idea. instead of building a raised bed, why not make a self watering tote ?
yesterday I planted the last two tomatoes in the mostly decomposed wood chips that I have tons of.. I am not impressed with how slowly it drains. but it does, very slowly. but it does retain water quite well, so once it is soaked, I think it will do the job
Exciting ,, goat day..
....jiminwisc.....

Aart, that is the kind we use. IDK what the btu is, though. runs on 120V. Our house is 1200 sq ft. open stairway to the basement , like yours.
Open living/dining/kitchen concept.
I estimate with the bedrooms closed we are cooling half of the 1200 sq/ft. = 600 sq/ft.
Are you running it now?
Could you look at the make and model?
How do you feel it performs?
Does it have a single exhaust hose?

Back
Top Bottom