concrete on plywood ?
what I would be concerned more with is what kind of floor joists are there ?
what kind of ventilation under the floor ?
How thick of concrete ?
the term ''floating concrete'' escapes me.
If I were to pour concrete, I would want it to be on the ground..
I just wonder how long the wood under the concrete would last before it dry rots..
but then, I never heard of this, and maybe your helper has. .
It would be a nice floor , at least for a few years.. I am always interested in the abnormal.
.......jiminwaUSAu.......

wow, that roof went up fast.
I really like steel ribbed roofing. Easy to put up, lasts a lifetime..
not much for plans here today. first thing is go to the VA for labs.
Later I want to lay out the post spacing for the grape arbor. I have to position an H-brace at each end of it.. I bought some vinyl covered steel clothes line for the wires. It should handle the tension I need to keep the wire taught. there will be a support post every six feet.
Last night I ordered 100 rhubarb seeds from Amazon. I will plant some right away onto the ground. some I will plant into pots in late winter...
.....jiminwaUSAu.....
Hey fell veteran. Hope your "VA lab work" turns out as good news. As for rhubarb seeds. May I ask for info on them and then have you keep us posted on the progress?

I've been craving rhubarb lately....

concrete on plywood ?
what I would be concerned more with is what kind of floor joists are there ?
what kind of ventilation under the floor ?
How thick of concrete ?
the term ''floating concrete'' escapes me.
If I were to pour concrete, I would want it to be on the ground..
I just wonder how long the wood under the concrete would last before it dry rots..
but then, I never heard of this, and maybe your helper has. .
It would be a nice floor , at least for a few years.. I am always interested in the abnormal.
.......jiminwaUSAu.......
From what I've learned, 'floating concrete' is related to the bed of sand it's stages upon. Sand shifts with the changing hydration of the surrounding soil and subterranean layers. So that means it will maintain it's total form even when a corner or somewhere in the middle has a hollowed out area for a time....

Make sense?

'floating concrete'
It's the finishing stages of a slab where it all gets smoothed out on top.
But the question/topic was putting concrete on top of plywood, which is ridiculous.

I'll ante up the "heat wave" & raise ya to triple digits. :gig
Nope, why I moved back north.
'Heat wave' is relative....I will be suffering next week.
No AC here so it's a challenge for me.

It's the finishing stages of a slab where it all gets smoothed out on top.
But the question/topic was putting concrete on top of plywood, which is ridiculous.

Nope, why I moved back north.
'Heat wave' is relative....I will be suffering next week.
No AC here so it's a challenge for me.
:hugs

a couple of days in the 60's , today up in the 70's by 10AM..
when I worked on a hospital in Rochester ,Minn, they poured all nine floor onto plywood.
on top of the plywood were ''pans''. after the concrete was set they removed the plywood and pans from underneath. It left a honeycombed floor with a flat top as a result.
have to leave for PT right now. will be back later today about the rhubarb.....
.......jiminwausau.......

when I worked on a hospital in Rochester ,Minn, they poured all nine floor onto plywood.
on top of the plywood were ''pans''. after the concrete was set they removed the plywood and pans from underneath. It left a honeycombed floor with a flat top as a result.
Plywood often used for pour forms.
How thick were the floors?
Interesting about the honeycomb.

Everywhere I read it was advised ~12" below ground level. And a few folks also went a little extra in that they had the leftover curl out away from the coop then put gravel on it.

Our coop/run you can in its own thread the sub-surface rock that was left behind by the glaciers. I would dig out an awkward shaped trench and then stick the HC down and set the rocks in a tetris pattern to hold it against the other stone that didn't get removed or the cement framing forms for posts or the coop. Admittedly, in our setup I had a few spots that the HC didn't reach more then 6-8" as the rock was just too large. Some stones were over 500lbs before they were sledgehammeres to be smaller chunks.

YMMV

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom