My new chick Casper....
20201004_131306.jpg

Hoop style or...?
Frizzles are so funny looking!!
I plan to set up the metal just like they do when they set it up as a trampoline. I will put welded wire on the outside, except where I add a door. Add a few boards on top and staple wire to them. Put a skirt one foot up and one foot to the side for security. Might add some roofing on top to help keep the run dry.

I am currently building my biggest coop ever and thought about how many newbies are trying to build their first coop ever. Thinking of all you struggling to learn the use of tools and with questions on your mind about planning, i thought it would be helpful to share what i have learned and let others do the same. Even small tips can ease frustration in the building process. If you just want to share pictures of your progress, have at it. Let's share and encourage each other.
The usual back yard chicken rules apply. Please play nice, no need to be rude. Everyone has to learn sometime . Welcome to my coop building thread.
We have one that we bought metal steel and wood. We need to build a area around the coop so they can roam more, way to confined at this time we think. They appear to be happy laying most days. Our one Becky is pecked a bit hence the name, pecky Becky. We’ve caught her coop mate fluffy occasionally peck her. But we aren’t sure if also maybe she’s molting?
image.jpg

I plan to set up the metal just like they do when they set it up as a trampoline. I will put welded wire on the outside, except where I add a door. Add a few boards on top and staple wire to them. Put a skirt one foot up and one foot to the side for security. Might add some roofing on top to help keep the run dry.
Looking forward to seeing the final product!

We have one that we bought metal steel and wood. We need to build a area around the coop so they can roam more, way to confined at this time we think. They appear to be happy laying most days. Our one Becky is pecked a bit hence the name, pecky Becky. We’ve caught her coop mate fluffy occasionally peck her. But we aren’t sure if also maybe she’s molting? View attachment 2361770
Probably, most birds are moulting now. But that looks picked bare.

Back
Top Bottom