Putting up fencing around some of the chicken areas to keep the goats and other critters out. Still painting plywood and other assorted lumber. I did take two of the pieces to form the walls down to the build site by lashing them to the Mule.
I wish Jim would check in.

This week we've been clearing pine straw out of the area beside the driveway where we're going to have gravel that's being taken out of one part of our property put down to create a better-located parking pad.

I've added 7 Gorilla carts of the stuff to the pen and have very happy chickens.
I put leaves from our six huge trees and the chickens love it

I wish Jim would check in.
I wish he would too. Looking into getting some temp fencing I can put up to let the ladies wander a bit and pick up bugs and worms. I tried to let them out the other day and only 4 came out, 2 did great and wandered about pecking at things and the other 2 panicked at the sight of out little dog and cat.
I put leaves from our six huge trees and the chickens love it
I bet they do, I'll be glad when the little trees we've planted get big enough to give us some leaves.
I've added 7 Gorilla carts of the stuff to the pen and have very happy chickens.
I gave ours a couple of grass bags of fresh mowed clover and sweet green grass. They loved it.

I didn't build a coop, I was planning on it though, I got my first batch of quail about almost 3 weeks ago, I got it from a friends brother. He had a quail coop he wasn't using anymore, so I bought it from him.
For some, buying a coop is alot easier and cost less then building, depending on what you want.
I bought a used coop and rehabbed it. Looks much better. I do worry about parasites and disease with used coops. They did not clean the coop before delivering it

I keep working on cleaning out the duplex coop. In between cleaning the house because company is coming tomorrow! And I built a gate for the fence I am putting up around Chicken city. I will be pleased when I get it all fenced in.

I NEED HELP!!

I need blue prints on quail coops.
I just found out I have 2 males, and I need to now buy 8 females instead of 4.
I need a coop that will fit atleast 15 quail. I say 15 because I know I will have fertile eggs, So i need room for newcomers when the time comes.
Thanks
-Annika

Back
Top Bottom