100_1061[1].JPG
this is the jig to hold the first sheet in place still attached to the finished side of the roof.

100_1062[1].JPG
this is the south side roof all finished.
the jig is still attached. not a very good picture.

100_1064[1].JPG

this is the north side. the ladder is standing at the entrance to the sidewalk between the shed (R) and the chicken coop (L)

100_1065[1].JPG

this is inside. I told you it was messy.
you can see the OSB around the lower end of the walls. there will be two windows at the rear. I am not going to close in the front right away. I am thinking of just backing my tractor in to keep snow off of it.

or maybe put the power tools in there and reclaim the garage stall for the tractor.

either way, it is going to end up messy and over filled with "stuff" ..

the pup is doing fine,
the abscess is still draining , the swelling around his eye went away.
he is eating, drinking and
and now when I call him, he come a runnin'
before he would just ignore us.

I got the sub fascia on. now if I wasn't so lazy I could be putting metal on.

pictures of the shed, and the mess to follow.

..........jiminwisc........
I fell asleep despite the noise of the workers this afternoon. Sometimes sleep is more important than work.

View attachment 1154038 this is the jig to hold the first sheet in place still attached to the finished side of the roof.

View attachment 1154039 this is the south side roof all finished.
the jig is still attached. not a very good picture.

View attachment 1154040
this is the north side. the ladder is standing at the entrance to the sidewalk between the shed (R) and the chicken coop (L)

View attachment 1154044
this is inside. I told you it was messy.
you can see the OSB around the lower end of the walls. there will be two windows at the rear. I am not going to close in the front right away. I am thinking of just backing my tractor in to keep snow off of it.

or maybe put the power tools in there and reclaim the garage stall for the tractor.

either way, it is going to end up messy and over filled with "stuff" ..
Nice, i love extra space to fill with stuff!

everybody must be sleeping in today.
I went out before the rain and finished doing all of the purlins.
the wounded puppy is doing very well.
we kept him in the house away from the bully puppy. he was shy at first, but after a day or so he has become almost a pita wanting attention..
the bully is in the kennel, we let the pita out to run free. he is hanging around the outside of the kennel. maybe a few days of this and the other one might get over being the bully.

......jiminwisc......
Looking great Jim -- I really like those metal roofs. Are those smaller rectangular areas above the windows for vents?

It sounds as though the pup is healing nicely and on the mend. I don't recall if the pups were born to another dog you own or if you bought them, but wondering if you plan to keep both. What will you do if they don't ever become tolerant of each other?

Am exhausted after slaughtering 4 culls yesterday,
the kill to chill part is relatively easy,
it's the setup and clean up that kicks my half crippled butt.
But am down to good winter population numbers,
the cockerel (new flock cock) is behaving nicely(whew!),
and it's a huge relief to have the decisions and deeds done and over with.

I will be culling 2 roosters this Sunday with help from my friends husband. Life on the farm should be much more pleasant for the rest of my flock with them gone.

I fell asleep despite the noise of the workers this afternoon. Sometimes sleep is more important than work.

I agree. You have been so busy working hard every day and sick too. Some extra sleep should help a lot.

Those are the last two pups from his litter. Sometimes litter mates are not best buddies. I am sure he will sell them. They are great dogs! I would buy one if DH would let me.
I did feel a bit better after my nap. Got my pop door closer installed so i can do it without going in the run. Not much done on the scratch post project but we are supposed to have rainy days ahead so i can do it then. I need to get more carpet.
I have no full grown roosters but i sure remember how ornery some of them used to get. Sometimes hard on each other, the hens or humans. Those make good soup.

Those are the last two pups from his litter. Sometimes litter mates are not best buddies. I am sure he will sell them. They are great dogs! I would buy one if DH would let me.
I did feel a bit better after my nap. Got my pop door closer installed so i can do it without going in the run. Not much done on the scratch post project but we are supposed to have rainy days ahead so i can do it then. I need to get more carpet.
I have no full grown roosters but i sure remember how ornery some of them used to get. Sometimes hard on each other, the hens or humans. Those make good soup.

I asked about the auto pop door closer on another thread. I kept wondering why it was such a wanted item. Now I understand. I had been leaving the pop door open and just shutting coop and pen exterior doors at night. Now I have to go out and close it. If I'm late I have to do it in the dark when the spider start hanging out of the trees.

I have 3 roosters. One is great and the other 2 just can't control their hormones and are out of hand. Too bad, one of them was my mama's boy.

I always head out to check on the guineas and chickens as soon as the sun dips below the hill. The guineas are so stupid it is a wonder they survive at all. I was not feeling good and of course they had their worst night ever for returning inside the run. They get on the wrong side of the fence and since they can see where they want to go they just go back and forth in a 3 foot area repeatedly. So i have to walk around the other side of the fence to get them to go through the fence, which they can do if they go up higher. Tonight nothing was working and they all came back out of the run so i had more to round up. I was about ready to send them to freezer camp.
Tomorrow i look forward to going to the farmers market at TSC.

good rainy morning here,
I heard that we had over 2 inches since dusk last night. and it isn't slowing down much.

yes these pups were born here in June.
we are going to have to do some work with the bully .. he has taken it past the level of puppy rivalry.. I think he will be parting with his family jewels soon.

there will be no vents in this shed. I don't plan on using it for chickens. and besides, the whole front is going to be left open.

I have two good sized chicken coops. way more room than I am ever going to need again

One of those coops is being used for storage already.

How come guineas can fly out so easily, but can't find their way back in ? they all do it.

.......jiminwisc......

I always head out to check on the guineas and chickens as soon as the sun dips below the hill. The guineas are so stupid it is a wonder they survive at all. I was not feeling good and of course they had their worst night ever for returning inside the run. They get on the wrong side of the fence and since they can see where they want to go they just go back and forth in a 3 foot area repeatedly. So i have to walk around the other side of the fence to get them to go through the fence, which they can do if they go up higher. Tonight nothing was working and they all came back out of the run so i had more to round up. I was about ready to send them to freezer camp.
Tomorrow i look forward to going to the farmers market at TSC.

I feel your pain. I always have a few that thin the grass is greener on the other side.

good rainy morning here,
I heard that we had over 2 inches since dusk last night. and it isn't slowing down much.

we are going to have to do some work with the bully .. he has taken it past the level of puppy rivalry.. I think he will be parting with his family jewels soon.

there will be no vents in this shed. I don't plan on using it for chickens. and besides, the whole front is going to be left open.

I have two good sized chicken coops. way more room than I am ever going to need again

How come guineas can fly out so easily, but can't find their way back in ? they all do it.

.......jiminwisc......

OK, I was confused. I kept wondering why you referred to it as a shed. Duh! :he

good rainy morning here,

.......jiminwisc......
I think guineas rank with Dodo birds in the brain department.

Back
Top Bottom