Soaking the ground first can help...at least for digging them in, how they'll grow is another story.
Yeah, first i raked off the mulch, then dug a bit ,then filled the hole with water. Dug a bit more. Watered the chickens and other birds, and then it rained a bit!

Last edited:
this afternoon I figured I would face the heat, take it easy and pull a few more weeds..
the heat wasn't too unbearable. but the
mosquitoes darn near ate me alive. I don't mind getting bitten as much as I hate the buzzing in my ears and just their threats to bite..
I did get some low hanging branches cut off of the black walnut trees in the yard. now I won't have to duck when mowing.
we have had only .78" of rain in July.
normal is 2"..
.....jiminwisc....

this afternoon I figured I would face the heat, take it easy and pull a few more weeds..
the heat wasn't too unbearable. but the
mosquitoes darn near ate me alive. I don't mind getting bitten as much as I hate the buzzing in my ears and just their threats to bite..
I did get some low hanging branches cut off of the black walnut trees in the yard. now I won't have to duck when mowing.
we have had only .78" of rain in July.
normal is 2"..
.....jiminwisc....
Sounds like us. We did get a brief shower today. And i found this near my coop! 20180717_204719.jpg

What? Its a nice kingsnake. Didn't even try to bite me.
Mild snake phobia here...even pics can literally make me shudder.
I did shove this one off the patio a couple months ago, but it was chilly so it wasn't moving fast and I literally had a 7' pole(roof rake) between us.
When they move fast...shudder.
upload_2018-7-18_7-36-28.png

Back
Top Bottom