.the shelves about half finished:
100_1202[1].JPG
100_1201[1].JPG

the bottom two shelves are finished.
I made them tall enough to hold those square plastic pails that I get from the supermarket deli.
depth of shelves 17" width of shelves 5 feet
I have free wall space in the rear of the garage of about 8 feet where I should put more shelves.. I have plenty of rough sawn red pine just sitting in storage, might as well use some of it, eh?
.....jiminwisc.......

I know better, I really do.

All of our cats are indoor cats for several reasons including their safety and the safety of the native wildlife. I also knew there are lots of unwanted/stray cats & kittens here in our new community so it was only a matter of time till we adopted one of the outside cats.

Well our adopted kitten Truffle, 12 week old or so (already had an appointment made for neutering & shots) didn't show up for breakfast or anything else today. There are plenty of predators and cars and other dangers here for an over confident kitten.

I know he might show up tomorrow but given he hasn't left our front porch for more than 5 minutes since he decided he lived here I am not holding out much hope.

Wow, got a few pre-winter chores done. The kids helped run the wheel barrel so we got all 4 layer coops, the duck coop and one of the grow outs mucked out. I was able to spray the coops while they were empty and dust for mites. Freshly stuffed nesting boxes, and fresh hay on the floor. Stiff and sore now but I feel better about going into winter with clean coops.

All of our cats are indoor cats for several reasons including their safety and the safety of the native wildlife. I also knew there are lots of unwanted/stray cats & kittens here in our new community so it was only a matter of time till we adopted one of the outside cats.

Well our adopted kitten Truffle, 12 week old or so (already had an appointment made for neutering & shots) didn't show up for breakfast or anything else today. There are plenty of predators and cars and other dangers here for an over confident kitten.

I know he might show up tomorrow but given he hasn't left our front porch for more than 5 minutes since he decided he lived here I am not holding out much hope.
OhBoy.
Did this cat just show up and hang out...or?
How long had he been there?

Sorry to hear that NewBoots, but he may yet turn up. Perhaps he has adopted another porch?

He's back! :weeI feel foolish but relieved anyway.:wee
Sorry to hear that NewBoots, but he may yet turn up. Perhaps he has adopted another porch?
As long as he comes back safely, he can cheat on us with as many porches as he likes. :) Sheesh, another reason we shouldn't have outside cats, I worry too much.:oops:

So I made a run to Portland Friday and got back yesterday. Checking on the house, but this time I made a shopping trip to pick up a bunch of things I don't have access to down here. I now have a freezer full of stewing hens, Chinese sausage, uncured bacon, beef tendon, and really good ground beef. Gonna be a cooking week!

There is a song that goes:
the cat came back, the cat came back
we thought he was a gonner,
but the cat came back,
'cause he wouldn't stay away ..

43F all day. 39F when I came in at 7pm
the shelves are all finished..
surprisingly it was not uncomfortable out there.
what is beef tendon used for ?
never heard of Chinese sausage.
we have Polish sausage ..
....jiminwisc....
......jiminwisc...

Back
Top Bottom