100_1175[1].JPG
t
this is from last year, a little more of the coop showing, kind of a dark day,
I cannot get picture to upload from my gallery on byc.
I am still looking for the lost memory cards.
I mean, misplaced memory cards..

No weather to build here too (storm). Just the right weather for dreaming and planning. I want to give my old coop a facelift this spring.

There is a new ‘paint’ here on the market called Xyhlo wich is based on a fungus fed by linseed oil. I used this (as a tester) for the second part of the run. And it works great. The spruce wood does not rot at all.
So now I am confident the coop will live longer with this paint. It will be dark/ allmost black instead of mossy green wood.

https://www.xyhlo.com/en/
c4686884-7a70-4019-bad9-e65df9e62ab0-jpeg.1981707

This is how the coop looks like after rebuilding and not painting for 8 years.

No weather to build here too (storm). Just the right weather for dreaming and planning. I want to give my old coop a facelift this spring.

There is a new ‘paint’ here on the market called Xyhlo wich is based on a fungus fed by linseed oil. I used this (as a tester) for the second part of the run. And it works great. The spruce wood does not rot at all.
So now I am confident the coop will live longer with this paint. It will be dark/ allmost black instead of mossy green wood.

https://www.xyhlo.com/en/
c4686884-7a70-4019-bad9-e65df9e62ab0-jpeg.1981707

This is how the coop looks like after rebuilding and not painting for 8 years.
Interesting product
I have not heard of it before
I wonder how long before it gets to the States.. I would try it

Here its quite alternative too. (Ecobuilding)

I dont know what it costs to ship it? Suppose you can buy the linseed oil (not boiled) in the US too. And only the pot with the fungus doesn’t weigh very much. The company is trustworthy, If they say they will ship it there will be no problem. Don’t know if there are extra costs like taxes?

we ended up with just under 8''.
Bob was here and plowed already.
tomorrow I will take Ollie and push the snow up onto piles. Bob can't pile it very high with the pick up truck.
I made a pan of 16 cinnamon rolls topped off with almond flavored frosting.
they will go good with a cup of coffee tomorrow morning.
...........jiminwaUSAu.....

I was taught this by my father before I made it to Kindergarten. As an adult, I love doing it and someone asks me why. It is one of those practical lessons that you see a "makes sense" expression come across their face and you know they will remember it!
Welcome to the thread! I am from Chatham VA.

I have a lot of pictures of the coop. They are on an old camera card which I cannot find.
I will check if they are stored in the computer memory..
we had a ''dusting'' of snow. not enough to even show on the cars. but they are predicting a healthy snow shower for Sunday.
It looks like Aart already got a taste of snow this week.
How about Cappy ?? Tornadoes ?? I will settle for more snow..
.........jiminwisc......
All we had was about 5" of rain, and the river reached a new high since we have lived here.

Back
Top Bottom