View attachment 2022044t
this is from last year, a little more of the coop showing, kind of a dark day,
I cannot get picture to upload from my gallery on byc.
I am still looking for the lost memory cards.
I mean, misplaced memory cards..

Oh look! I can see part of a window! Thanks Jim, that really helps...:lau

No weather to build here too (storm). Just the right weather for dreaming and planning. I want to give my old coop a facelift this spring.

There is a new ‘paint’ here on the market called Xyhlo wich is based on a fungus fed by linseed oil. I used this (as a tester) for the second part of the run. And it works great. The spruce wood does not rot at all.
So now I am confident the coop will live longer with this paint. It will be dark/ allmost black instead of mossy green wood.

https://www.xyhlo.com/en/
c4686884-7a70-4019-bad9-e65df9e62ab0-jpeg.1981707

This is how the coop looks like after rebuilding and not painting for 8 years.

It looks like you have the same prefab coop as me BDutch..

I'm planning to refurbish mine in a couple of months too

I have been busy fixing the roof so no leaks, and today I moved the new chickens in. So happy to get them in their new place.
Soooo....we need a 'hint'(actually a full detailed explanation) as to how you fixed it.

We didn't get bust a dusting of snow and hardly any freezing rain.
Eaves are even dripping a bit.

this winter I really woosted it. there are days that I don't even go outside.
anything below 36F is unbearable.
so far this winter I have not put on wool socks, long johns, or snow boots. even when I am plowing snow with Ollie..
if it is cold enough to dress like that, I stay inside..
Once it starts to stay consistently above 40F I plan on going out into the shop and re arranging the major tools.
there are things I want to make, but I don't want a messy shop..
........jiminwisc......

this winter I really woosted it. there are days that I don't even go outside.
anything below 36F is unbearable.
so far this winter I have not put on wool socks, long johns, or snow boots. even when I am plowing snow with Ollie..
if it is cold enough to dress like that, I stay inside..
Once it starts to stay consistently above 40F I plan on going out into the shop and re arranging the major tools.
there are things I want to make, but I don't want a messy shop..
........jiminwisc......
I was doing that when I first retired
Soooo I got chickens
Have to go out and get eggs and change water. No electricity near the coops

good morning, today it is supposed to get up to 35F. the sun is shining now. later this afternoon it is supposed to snow. then tonight and until Saturday we drop to the sub zero temps with wind..
I will be eating chicken for the next few days.
Annie thawed out 10 pounds of legs and thighs. Made baked legs w/rice and mushroom soup. then just baked all the rest of the legs and thighs plain on a sheet pan..
I found a way to get sheet pans clean. We inherited 3 from someone. they are really grungy with baked on grease and what not.
Easy Off oven cleaner is the answer. I thought of that. but before trying it I went to youtube and checked it out. Yeppers, somebody demonstrated it. . I tried it just as a spot test. It really worked.
BUT it is an outside job for sure. The fumes are overwhelming..
going to go get our taxes done in a few minutes..
later... jiminwisc ....

Back
Top Bottom