Hubby brought me a big branch for the playhouse coop, to serve as the roost. Cut and installed that today. I painted a piece of wood to screw into the top of the house, to put hooks in for feeders and waterers. Also got the "tunnel" ready to install, to attach the house to the run. And I cut and painted wood to put a door on the tunnel. They need to spend a while in the house to figure out they need to go back in there at night. And I cut hardware cloth for the last window. Pretty soon I will be able to move the playhouse down to Turkey Town!

Okay, so I've got about half the raised beds planted and the greenhouse is full of the more tender seedlings. 2 raised beds left that I have to add side fencing to to keep the dogs and cats out. Posts are up for the bird netting for the blueberries, lingon, currants, and gooseberries. Still need to set the posts around the raspberries. The guys are nearly done with the coop and run build and we're already discussing adding to the run. DP has 8 Swedish Flower Hen eggs in the incubator on day 5 (I think). Got 2 speckled sussex and 2 americanas coming from Farrs on Friday. There are 4 more chicks coming on the 23rd (1 buff orpington, 2 amberlinks and 1 silverlaced wyandotte). There are 3 adult and 4 baby bunnies in the hutches behind the barn (cinnamons).

We swing between exhausted and sore and then lazy recovery days. We're so lucky to have moved here and gotten as far on the garden and livestock projects. We are luckier than we deserve.

boots, so relieved to hear from you.
all we hear about your neck of the woods is bad tidings about the virus..
our area is fairly low in virus cases.
up to two weeks no cases in our county.
but as of yesterday, there are 12 .. no deaths..

today I am taking the battery out of the pick up and getting a new one. then I am going to go to Menards and pick up
17ea 2x4x10'. some 6'' hex head pole barn screws and wood glue..
Naturally, we are supposed to get rain tomorrow. . so I can't just leave the wood on the truck..
I am going to make shelves out of the
cut-off pieces left over from the rafter cuts.
I will be taking progress pictures with my phone. I hope I can figure out how to send pics from my phone..
I can't use my camera because it got wet and is still not completely dry. thinking of packing it in salt for a day or two..
....jiminwisc........

boots, so relieved to hear from you.
all we hear about your neck of the woods is bad tidings about the virus..
our area is fairly low in virus cases.
up to two weeks no cases in our county.
but as of yesterday, there are 12 .. no deaths..

today I am taking the battery out of the pick up and getting a new one. then I am going to go to Menards and pick up
17ea 2x4x10'. some 6'' hex head pole barn screws and wood glue..
Naturally, we are supposed to get rain tomorrow. . so I can't just leave the wood on the truck..
I am going to make shelves out of the
cut-off pieces left over from the rafter cuts.
I will be taking progress pictures with my phone. I hope I can figure out how to send pics from my phone..
I can't use my camera because it got wet and is still not completely dry. thinking of packing it in salt for a day or two..
....jiminwisc........
They usually say pack in rice....salt might cause issues

Back
Top Bottom