Today after lunch, the neighbor showed up with the goat! It is in very rough shape. Covered in ticks and dehydrated. The lady only caught her because the goat is staggering. I have been feeding her small amounts of liquids all evening. She had milk and goat electrolytes. I had her on my lap all evening on a towel, but once hubby went to bed I had to take her out. She was yelling. It was no good putting her in with the others, she might get trampled. So I set up a crate in the barn. I hope she makes it.

How is the baby this morning? :fl

Today after lunch, the neighbor showed up with the goat! It is in very rough shape. Covered in ticks and dehydrated. The lady only caught her because the goat is staggering. I have been feeding her small amounts of liquids all evening. She had milk and goat electrolytes. I had her on my lap all evening on a towel, but once hubby went to bed I had to take her out. She was yelling. It was no good putting her in with the others, she might get trampled. So I set up a crate in the barn. I hope she makes it.
I hope the baby goat made it through the night Cappy. :fl:fl
At least she was safe and warm with something in her belly last night.🥰

How are your other babies settling in in their palatial, new quarters @CapricornFarm ?
The three girls are doing good. The little one I call mouse still has some loose stools. So she will get more medication for that.
My little Windy can't stand at the moment, but she took her bottle of milk well this morning. I think the heat really affected her. She is kind of wobbly. She did eat part of a leaf, but I am going to look for Ringers Lactate and B vitamins for her.

Last edited:
Kind of a bumpy start with the goats. It will get better..
It rained hard on and off all day. still a couple of hours to go until it is over. The worst of it stayed to the south of us. high winds and hail.
I got the other nut loose on the mower blade. didn't have to get the nut buster out..
ratchet and handle extension did it.

....jiminwisc.....

The three girls are doing good. The little one I call mouse still has some loose stools. So she will get more medication for that.
My little Windy can't stand at the moment, but she took her bottle of milk well this morning. I think the heat really affected her. She is kind of wobbly. She did eat part of a leaf, but I am going to look for Ringers Lactate and B vitamins for her.
Ha! She peed! And tried to run away from me :lau
She is eating leaves really well.
Thanks for the updates Cappy.

That sounds very encouraging....except for the fact that she doesn't seem to know what's good for her yet! 🙄 (Meaning you )

Cappy, and others. for a shed or slanted roof.
build the front wall as tall as you want the roof to slant. then build the other three walls the same height as each other only shorter than the front wall. put on the rafters and just fill in the space on the two side walls all short studs and sheathing.
No matter where you live, the roof has to slant to let water run off.
Or give me the dimensions and I can design a truss for you.
better get a leash on that goat..
.......jiminwisc......

Back
Top Bottom